Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Windows8.1 ppc settings menu is comprimized. Is there a

Windows8.1 ppc settings menu...

Windows8.1 ppc settings menu is comprimized. Is there a program I can run to repair the problem?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

The computer is manufactured by Dell. The operating system is Windows.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

The system crashed, I used a repair and restore disc and replace windows 8.1 disc which for the most part was successful.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

If I can fix the pc setting that will be all for now.

3/15/2018
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

First, click the Windows Start button then the Search box and type

cmd

in the Search box then right click on the command prompt icon and click Run as Administrator.

On the command prompt type:

chkdsk c: /f

and press Enter then when prompted to run the scan on reboot press the Y key then press Enter. Then reboot, let it scan and fix errors, and boot up.

Next open the command prompt again using Run as Administrator then type the following command:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

and let it scan and fix corruption. Once it completes, reboot the computer.

sfc /scannow

and press Enter and let it scan and fix corruption. Then reboot the computer.

Test to see if the issue is resolved and let me know the result.

syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer