Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

How does it take to initalize netfabb standard 2017. it

how long does it take...
how long does it take to initalize netfabb standard 2017. it appears to have downloaded just fine. i have key and sn. im just waiting for initialization to finish so i can enter key and sn then open and start netfabb standard 2017. i have minimum computer requirements to run it 2.1 Ghz cpu 4G ram 500 gig memory. then initialization screen says downloading, and it stuck on 0 of 457 mb. fyi... iv'e practised autocad some 17 years off and on.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i have macafee virus scan but not nortons or a known firewall. netfab standard 2017 appears to have extracted just fine cause after that it went straight to the initialization screen. so i guess again how long does it take to initalize, please.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
System requirements for Autodesk Netfabb 2017
Operating System
Microsoft® Windows® 10
Microsoft Windows 8
Microsoft Windows 7
CPU Type 2 gigahertz (GHz) recommended
Memory 4 GB of RAMGenerally, the larger and more complex the 3D file, the more RAM is required.
Display Resolution 1280 x 1024 minimum
Display Card Improved display with a graphic cards compatible with OpenGL 3.3................................................................................I have Windows 8.1,
intel pentium cpu n3520 @ 2.16 Ghz
4 gig ram, 3.9 usable
64 bit op sys, x64-based processor
Answered in 1 day by:
3/16/2018
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Software Engineer

Sorry for the delay on your ticket. Thank you fro your question and patience. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you with this issue.

From what I can tell you issue is:

You installed this on your Windows PC. But when you try to install at the client from deployment, it hangs on initializing phase and never installs.

According to Autodesk Causes for this issue are:

• An incompatible graphics driver
  • Corrupted deployment image
  • Incorrect user permissions
  • Incompatible software existing on the machine

Solution:

Reinstall the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables from the system by executing the steps provided in this article:
http://autode.sk/2tTLDFQ
Then proceed to re-run the installer again.

Open the Control Panel and in the installed programs list, look for an entry called "Displaylinkcore". If it is present, uninstall it, or update the driver at the manufacturer website.

Update your Graphics card driver (usually AMD or Nvidia).

For deployments you may need to create a new deployment. We recommend running the installer from a workstation and push the deployment to a server shared location, instead of running the installer on a Windows Server directly and building to that server.

User will need permissions to install on the local drive along with
C:\Program Files\
C:\Program Data\Autodesk
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Autodesk
C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk

Ensure that your antivirus software is completely disabled during the install process. Consult the manufacturers website if you are not sure how to disable your antivirus software.

For users with older Autodesk installations on the machine, uninstalling an outdated Autodesk Application Manager may help.

The deployment location does not have full read/write access for everyone.
2. The paths to the deployment location are not from the client perspective.

Check that the deployment location has full read/write access for everyone.Change the permissions on the folder where the deployment resides.

Sometimes a hang can be caused by creating the deployment from the server to the server. This generates paths in the deployment INI and config files that are from the server's perspective and can make the deployment inaccessible from a client.

The following article is how to move a deployment - not your situation - but the paths to check are the same. Make sure that the paths are pointing to the correct network location:
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/article/How-to-manually-change-the-location-of-a-deployment

I
If you feel more comfortable, I can start a remote session with you and assist in performing these tasks and getting past the initialization for you. There is an added charge for that remote session so beware before accepting thi. If you chose not to accept this, you will not be charged. I am only sending the offer so that you do not feel lost with all this information.

Please let me know if you have any further questions,or need clarity.

If this helps please rate me 5 stars!

Thanks,
Jamie

Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Software Engineer
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko
Jamie Macko, Software Engineer