Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I need help finding files on a recovered copy of my files on…

Customer Question
I need help finding files...
I need help finding files on a recovered copy of my files on an external hard drive.
The data recovery people were needed after another expert on justanswer deleted my files, thinking they had copied them all to my computer hard drive. When actually they only copied a portion of the files.According to the data recovery company the recycle bin on my new external hard drive has "alot" of files in it. I cannot see the recycle bin to restore them. Can you help? I tried clicking unhide hidden files button in ms explorer. Windows 10 Browser Chrome. Eric. This is a repeat request. I was on west coast in January. We got disconnected due to time zone differences.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Software
3/15/2018
Software technician: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David

Click the link below and download and install the Recuva file recovery software:

click here

It works quite well at finding and recovering deleted files, and the Piriform site where you download Recuva includes tutorials on how to use the software.

If you have any questions on how to use it just let me know.

Hi David. This suggestion was disappointing. I have the files recovered. I cannot see them. The company that recovered them told me there are alot of deleted files on the disk. They are in Poenix Arizona, I am in Florida.

The Recuva program provides basic deleted file recovery - it sounds like you are asking for something else.

In that case please clarify - is the issue that the files were recovered but you cannot see them??? That is what it sounds like you are trying to convey. Usually data recovery services recover files so that they are accessible.

I have seen issues where massive file system corruption resulted in files that cannot be viewed until the file system (in Windows that would be NTFS or FAT32) damage was repaired. In a situation such as that the files are not deleted but the file system is damaged and in need of repair before the files can be accessed. Is that the situation in this case?