Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have a series of pdf documents that I need to use for my…

Customer Question
I have a series...

I have a series of pdf documents that I need to use for my payroll system. They require signatures and need a "merge tag" field for the signature. I can't find anyone to help

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

Adobe Acrobat

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Acrobat?

No I don't have Acrobat, all I have is reader

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No that is it . . .

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Software
Need help with the signature panel and I'm told I need a merge tag
3/14/2018
Software technician: Jeevan DSouza,
 replied 4 months ago
Jeevan DSouza

Hello there! Your signature field is fine. The signer needs to create a digital signature that can be inserted there.

but the system that the document goes into tells me that it needs a "merge tag" for the digital signature.
Software technician: Jeevan DSouza,
 replied 4 months ago

What system are you using? I'm using Adobe Acrobat and it works just fine

I am using it with a payroll timekeeping system called SHUGO
Software technician: Jeevan DSouza,
 replied 4 months ago

Sorry I'm not familiar with that software. I will opt-out and let another expert help you.

Software technician: Chris Baxter, Programmer replied 4 months ago
Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Programmer
Hello!
I know what it is asking for, since the signature that is populating the document is already in the database, it wants you to input the link name, here is a dirty description to help with understanding on the issue! 02_Create_Merge_Fields_in_PDF_Templates
Hope this helps, I do not know what your link fields are but they should be similar.