Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Just downloaded the new 3.0.1 version of Bluegriffon (used a…

Hi. Just downloaded the...

Hi. Just downloaded the new 3.0.1 version of Bluegriffon (used a prior version until now). I'm unable to insert links. The target field doesn't open to take the URL i want to enter. Haven't seen anyone else with this problem. Any idea what's going on?

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your software?

The software opens and is fully usable except for that one issue.

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

This is a new download Bluegriffon 3.0.1, replacing version 2.

3/14/2018
Pete, Computer Expert

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Bluegriffon is a website editor. When you run the application to edit a webpage, one of the features is creating hyperlinks to selected fields. In the problem case, I want to link to a google map result url from a field in the Miles from Trail column. When you select a field and click on Insert | Link a target field should appear into which you enter the desired URL to link to. BUT...it's not working. I need to fix the problem in order to update my website.

What operating system are you using?

Have you restarted the computer since the latest version of Bluegriffon was installed?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I'm using Windows 10 on a Dell 64-bit. I shut down and restarted the computer after downloading Bluegriffon.

Ok, try the following and let me know if it works:

1. Select the text that you want to make into a link by dragging your mouse over it to highlight it.

2. Click "Insert | Link" from the menu.

3. Type the URL into the "Target" field or select the file using the folder icon. If it's a relative URL, put a tick in the "Make URL relative to page location" check box.

4. Click the "OK" button.

Pete, Computer Expert
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The target field does not open, i.e. I can't enter anything into it.

Ok, I will have a look remotely for you.

---------------------------------------------

Please click on the link below to download a remote desktop assistance program so that I can remotely connect to your computer:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=647540e5-26d2-42fa-ae2a-0c74cd1a66e4

When a new web page opens, click the green "I Agree" button, and run the downloaded file (named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) by double-clicking it. Permit the connection if asked so that I can connect. We will then be able to chat as well.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thanks. I can give you a specific field to work with.
Pete, Computer Expert