Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I use Corel X6 and trying to laser some bar codes on some…

Customer Question
I use Corel X6...

I use Corel X6 and trying to laser some bar codes on some Black anodized Aluminum. Using the Bar Code, the laser does fantastic. However, the bar code reader does not recognized the bar code. Have tried to "invert" the bar code, but lose about half of the codes resolution. Do you have any recommendations to try for an improved resolution on the inversion of the bar code?

Technician's Assistant: Which Corel product do you have?

Corel Draw X6

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Corel software?

Went to edit, clicked insert bar code and followed the instructions. Is there a tutorial or some example of properly "inverting" a bar code?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Software
Answered in 1 day by:
3/14/2018
Software technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 5 months ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

That is exactly what I used. The problem is that I am printing on a black surface, therefore, I have to Invert the bar code. But when I invert it, it appears that I lose about 50% of the resolution on the code, and it is almost illegible.

Unfortunately, the inverting is likely causing the issue.

Yeah, I sorta of figured that out on my own. Can you offer any suggestions on fixing the problem?

No, you will need to print it without inverting it.