Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I want to send large files via email. How? I have yahoo as…

Customer Question
I want to send...

I want to send large files via email. How?

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

I have yahoo as my first choice but I could also send from gmail. Do you have a preference that I am not using?

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access Gmail? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Web browser for this purpose

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Scanning in and converting to pdf and zipping

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Software
3/12/2018
Software technician: technicalcat, Consultant replied 1 month ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is an independent, pay-per-question, fee-based technical support site.

My name is ***** ***** I will help you now.

Try these steps with your google (gmail) account and reply to let me know the results.

• Hover the mouse pointer over the Attach files button (or the + sign) while composing a message in Gmail.
  • Select Insert files using Drive.
  • To send a file (or more than one) from your computer (which you have not yet uploaded to your Google Drive account):
    (Note that you can only insert files from Google Drive or from your computer at one time; you can add both types to your email, of course, separately.)
    • Go to the Upload category.
    • Drag a file (or more than one) from your computer and drop it onto Drag files here.
      • If you do not see Drag files here or in general to pick documents to upload via a dialog:
        • Click Select files from your computer.
          • If you have already uploaded files, click Add more files.
        • Highlight all files you want to upload.
        • Click, typically, Open.
    • Click Upload.

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have done that but I always get the error msg that the file is too large. I usually scan 50 pgs to send. I have even tried to zip them and send them that way

Is this greater than 10GB?

Are you able to break those up into smaller files? For a single download, greater than 10GB is not very good. That's why google sets that size (in part).

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
does another email provider work better?
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
can I send a link that would lead the recipient to my file?

If greater than 10GB you are leaning more towards pay services (business). Dropbox business claims no file size limitation. You can also try it out free. I have linked it below. What you have to remember is that your recipient may have difficulty downloading such large single files.

DROPBOX CLICK HERE

Please let me know if this answers your question and you are satisfied, or if you need further assistance or information from me. Thank You.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist