Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

HP desktop running Windows 10. Turn on, unable to complete…

Customer Question
HP desktop running Windows...

HP desktop running Windows 10. Turn on, unable to complete login, that screen never comes up. Found recovery screen that states, it looks like Windows didn't load correctly. 2 box option, restart or advanced repair options. Neither mouse or arrow keys work to highlight either of these boxes. Now have an Automatic Repair screen up with same 2 boxes, unable to highlight either box. Microsoft tells me I have to reinstall Windows 10, but in doing that I will lose everything on computer. Have also tried using s

Technician's Assistant: Have you tried rebooting from a DVD or flash drive?

Microsoft had me download an ISO program for Windows 10 but also told me that it would wipe out all my files, etc. Have tried using recovery disks I burned when I first bought computer, but they don't do anything.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so, pretty much put it all in both messages.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Software
3/13/2018
Software technician: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Boot the computer and immediately power off the computer when Windows starts (when the Windowslogo appears). Do this three times and then boot it again and the Advanced

Boot Menu should appear.

Select Advanced options in the menu that appears, then select Troubleshoot >

Advanced Options > System Restore. Select a restore point dated prior to

when the issue first started. Then click Next and follow the prompts to

complete the system restore. Reboot and test to see if the issue is

resolved.

Please let me know the result.