Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have an open office document that I wish to use with mail…

I have an open...

I have an open office document that I wish to use with mail merge wizard (too make 1191 fliers. When I open Wizard, Open Office quits.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Not for email. US Postal Service sacral letter fliers

Technician's Assistant: How do you usually access your email? On a phone or tablet, or through a web browser?

Actual

Technician's Assistant: What troubleshooting have you tried?

Going to a help page, uploading the mail merge app. YouTube

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

This mois formatting a two-page document (front and back) with an address space on the second page where I wish to use mail merge.

I am formatting a two-page document (front and back) with an address space on the second page where I wish to use mail merge. Every time I open Mail Merge Wizard, the program quits.
3/12/2018
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using Windows Vista, 7, 8 or 10?or a Mac?
  2. What version of MS Office are you using -- 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 or 2016?
  3. To test if the problem is with your 2-page document, please try opening MS Word with a blank document, then try the wizard, is Word crashing too?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
I am on an iMac OS 10.13.3
My old MacBook Pro gave up the ghost, and my new iMac has "Pages". Pages (the new one =) doesn't have a mail merge in it (only the OLD version had it). I opened Pages to open my old Office 2010 file from an earlier flier. I updated the old info from an earlier flier with the new information for this NEW flier, and I then saved it as a Microsoft WORD file. It opens in Open Office, but it crashes when I try to use mail merge app. The problem is, my new iMac doesn't;t have MS Word, only "Pages".

Thank you for writing back with that information and thank you for requesting for my additional service offer of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem. For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. At this point, since you are using Mac, we can use Team Viewer.

Please click on this link:
http://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/mac.aspx

In that page, please locate and download the tool listed as "TeamViewer QuickSupport"

After downloading, RUN the tool and then give me the 9-digit ID and the password ***** that I can remote in. Also, DO NOT close the small team viewer window so that I can remote in.

Best regards,
Jess

I have the Open Office ODT text file (IVS Flier 2018 MW ODT new.odt) and the Open Office ODS spreadsheet (IVSA Mail 2018-03012.ods) files I wish to use open on the desktop.

Are you using a Windows computer right now or a Mac?

ID 697 975 903
Pass 5087
Using an iMac OS10.13.3
ID 697 975 903
Password *****
When I double-click the app, it gives me the id and password, I have the option of going to the site again or quiting. What do I do?

Thank you. I am connecting now.