Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I need to place initial and signature fields in a PDF using…

Customer Question
I need to place initial...
I need to place initial and signature fields in a PDF using either Acrobat or Adobe Sign. The challenge is the product is a customized quote document that may range from 5 to 20 pages long.The fields are always the same but not located on the same page. The list items quoted may be the first 5 pages or 6, or 7, etc. Signatures move.
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Software
3/12/2018
Software technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer signature insertion question.

I suggest that there are several possible solutions:

1. you might insert the signature first! at the end of a 'standard' document of the minimum length, containing all invariant text etc. content. Then, insert whatever customer or individual content you need into the document, before the signature. That way, however much individual content, the signature image will still be at the end. Essentially meaning, creating a standard form document with the signature already inserted... I can see that this might be regarded as risky to your document security etc. though.

or

2. scroll to the end of the document after composing the individual content of it. This can be done by holding down the PgDn key on the keyboard for a few seconds; it can sometimes be done by pressing the End key on the keyboard just once, too!

And then insert the signature image.

(or 3. if you need a 'programmed' or automated solution to this issue, tell me what programming language or languages you would be using, and I will instruct you further as needed.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

This will require a programmed solution done with whatever Adobe Sign uses, I think.

I regret that I cannot offer further advice on this subject, so I have Opted Out, opening the case to other Experts in this category.

Thanks for trying and referring me.
Software technician: Kris Rodgers, IT Manager replied 4 months ago
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

Hi

DO you still need assistance here?

Thanks

Kris

Hi Kris,
Yes, I need specific instructions that will work for Adobe Sign. It's likely to require some kind of scripting.
Here's a short recording: Ignore my use of "DocuSign" as I've determined it is not a good choice.https://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cFeQDrDbfn
Software technician: Rachel-Mod, Moderator replied 4 months ago
Rachel-Mod
Rachel-Mod, Moderator
Hello My name is ***** ***** I am the moderator for this category. Your original Expert is unable to further assist with this matter. I am opening this up to our other available experts and some one should be in touch shortly.
Rachel-Moderator
Thanks