Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I need help on InDesign.Can you help me please. InDesign. I…

I need help on...

I need help on InDesign.Can you help me please

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

InDesign

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

I have several books in InDesign and I cannot open any of them. I had some in Dropbox but I cannot open them at all.

3/12/2018
Specialist Sean S.
Specialist Sean S., Computer Support Specialist

Good morning/afternoon! My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you today!

Please let me know more about the issue so I can best assist you. Also any error messages you're seeing as well and we'll go from there. Thanks!

Dear Sean: I need help for InDesign. I have tried several times to open books I am writing in InDesign and can not open the files, particularly one in DropBox. Please help me. Ken

Hi Ken. What is the issue you're running into and/or the error messages that you're seeing?

Specialist Sean S.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=e9e231ff-b1df-4cf4-8c3a-9e20cda10ad4

^^... Thank you!... Go to this link and follow all the prompts to download the run the program. I'll be connected once you do. Please let me know within 5 minutes if we're not connected. Thanks!

I get a message "InDesign quit unexpectedly, I can Ignore, Report or Reopen. If I hit reopen I get another message "Adobe Indesign automatic recovery failed the lat time it tried to open the document "2017-15-31 WORKING-GARDENS ...AND ALSO OTHER INDESIGN DOCUMENTS I HAVE. PLEASE HELP, KEN
I can not open any of my InDesign files. Ken

Sure. Can you click the link I provided above and follow all of the steps so I can get connected to you

Dear Sean: What a mess. I hit the link two times and get a message both times: /Users/kennethtreister/Desktop/Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 2.21.46 PM.png. The contetents of the file
Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client.exe" cannot be extracted with the program. I than hit OK. Please call on my phone(###) ###-#### Thanks, Ken

Sure. One moment

Dear Sean: You were going to email me a link to let you get on my computer but I have not recieved your email. Please email or call again(###) ###-#### Thanks Ken

Were you able to launch the program that was e-mailed yet?

Dear Sean: I had to leave the computer after 2 hours of no luck. I do not have Dropbox or InDesign on my desk top now. As you told me I dragged InDesign to the trash. It is gone! I have several important books complete on Dropbox and designed using InDesign. I feel lost. What do I do. Please call me either now or in the morning at 9AM,(###) ###-#### Thanks, Ken

Hi Ken, I can reach out via phone tomorrow morning. Here is the link for InDesign for Mac if you wish to install it before I reach out. --> CLICK HERE

Best Regards,