Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

When I try to convert a scanned document to PDF using my…

Customer Question
When I try to...

When I try to convert a scanned document to PDF using my Windows 10, the PDF has the top of the pages cut off

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

Adobe

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Adobe software?

I am having problems converting my scanned documents to PDFs using Windows 10, the tops of the pages of the documents are cut off in the PDFs I called Microsoft, and they blamed it on Adobe but I am not sure about that the non scanned documents convert fine

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Software
3/12/2018
Software technician: Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 1 month ago
Moses C
Moses C, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, Welcome to JustAnswer.com, this is a preminum/paid service, thank you for utilizing our service.
I am sorry to hear that you are facing such trouble with your scanned doc.
I will be the expert in assisting with the issue you are having.
can you explain me a bit more about this, what software are you using to scan from the computer?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I am just scanning from my Brother Fax/Copy machine to my HP Computer that is using Windows 10, and the latest version of Word. It seems to scan fine, but when I print it into PDF, the PDF version has the tops of the documents cutoff/missing. I contacted Microsoft, and they said it was an Adobe problem, but I am not sure about that. The Word documents I tried convert into PDF were fine, it is just the scanned documents that have the tops cutoff. And Adobe is no help, since I am using a free Adobe Reader

Scan the document. First, make sure your scanner is connected to your computer and the drivers are installed correctly. Then, in Adobe Acrobat, choose File > Create > PDF From Scanner. In Microsoft Windows, choose a document preset, such as Black & White Document or Color Image, or choose Custom Scan.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist