Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

CC. When using the clone stamp, when I alt-Click to locate…

CC. When using the...

CC. When using the clone stamp, when I alt-Click to locate my source the cursor seems to be locked to a new duplicate layer which moves with the cursor. I can't do anything with the clone stamp. This happened to me with CS-4 and I only fixed it by moving to CC. What do I do?

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

Photoshop CC

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Photoshop?

3/12/2018
Pete, Computer Expert

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

You can set the Clone Stamp Tool to »All Layers« or »Current & Below« using the Options Bar.

Reply back and let me know if that works?

--------------------

Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!

Please take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page; tips appreciated :)

If my service is lacking and not worth 5 stars yet, please let me know before submitting your rating and I will do my best to assist you further.

Pete.

--------------------

Pete, Computer Expert
Pete-Help an old man out! How/Where can I set my clone stamp tool. Keystrokes, please! I will be happy to let you remotely fix the problem, but I want to know what you did because I don't want to have to get into "Just Ask" every time it gets squirrley.Mike
Pete-Are you going to finish this?Mike Metcalf

Hi Mike, sorry for the delay.

Yes we can finish this now if you are available.

Let me know?

I'm available

Ok, great!

What operating system are you using - Windows or MacOS?

Windows

Please click on the link below to download the Windows remote desktop assistance program so that I can remotely connect to your computer:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=66dfcd19-f2c3-4b8f-b586-76597fc70f32

When a new web page opens, click the green "I Agree" button, and run the downloaded file (named Elsinore.ScreenConnect.Client) by double-clicking it. Permit the connection if asked so that I can connect. We will then be able to chat as well.