Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

On my iphone7 plus every time I try to update an app I get…

On my iphone7 plus...

On my iphone7 plus every time I try to update an app I get the following message. I didn't used to get this message. "Verification Required - Tap continue and sign in to view billing information. There is no continue button just an OK button and when I click that it just goes back to the update screen.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your software?

About a week ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

I believe there was an OS update about a week ago

DO you have an answer yet?
Do you have an answer to my problem yet?
When can I expect a response of any kind?
Please respond with a text to my cell phone(###) ###-####
3/12/2018
Richard, Software Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you please hold the volume down and power buttons on the iPhone for about 10 seconds until you see an apple logo then release.

Let the phone restart and tell me how it now functions please.

Thank you

I did what you said and the problem still exists.

ok, can you sign into your account via my link below?

www.icloud.com

Please let me know

I couldn’t find iCloud in settings. I did everything it said to do but nothing has changed. When I used the link you provided it never asked for a password.

What did you see when you clicked my link?

The screen was iCloud and there were three options on it. One option was setup iCloud and the other two were unrelated. I tried the setup but was unable to do what it said.

Thanks

Can you follow the steps here please to update your payment information

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201266

Once done, then try to use the device and see if you have the issue please

The issue is still there.

Did you update your payment information?

even though it was correct.

On the phone go to settings, general, reset, reset all settings.

Once done, tell me how it then functions please.

The problem is still there

Do you have a windows or mac computer there?

I have a windows computer.

Is iTunes installed on it?

No

Ok, please install itunes from www.itunes.com

Let me know when you have please

It will be a little while. I’m getting ready to leave for a doctor’s appointment.

ok thanks

Richard, Software Specialist
I updated some password ***** and it is working ok now. Thank you for your help.