Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I had a "mandatory" Windows 10 update on my Lenovo laptop…

I had a "mandatory"...

I had a "mandatory" Windows 10 update on my Lenovo laptop and now it won't go past Lenovo opening and saying windows could not complete the installation. To install windows on this computer, restart instillation i am saying that it was mandatory because it would not let me log out or restart without updating first

Technician's Assistant: What Lenovo model do you have?

Flex 2-15

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Lenovo? Have you installed any updates recently?

Tried to get into safe mode. can't took out the battery to see if that might help. nope

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Only that everything was working great until the update

i cannot get onto the computer for you to fix the device. It won't boot up
3/11/2018
Shefin, Software Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I amCustomerand I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please try restoring the computer to an earlier date.

Restart your computer while holding the SHIFT button. Press and hold the power button (while holding the Shift key) till the gets turned OFF, Then, release the power button and press it again to restart the computer. Release the Shit key when it turns ON.

Note : If you do not get the options, restart it again. Press and hold the power button before it boots to Windows. Try it for three times.

The Advanced Startup menu will open on the boot. Go to Troubleshoot.

Then, click or tap Advanced Options.

Now you have access to several system recovery tools. Choose System Restore in order to start it. It should be the first on the list.

Windows takes some time to prepare System Restore. It may even restart your computer or device. When System Restore is ready, you are asked to choose a user account to continue. Select an account that is set as administrator on your Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 computer or device.

You are asked to enter the password ***** that account. Please pay attention to the fact that Windows shows you the keyboard layout it is using. If you need to change it, press “Change keyboard layout” and select another one. When ready, type the password ***** the appropriate field and press Continue.

System Restore is now started and you can use it to revert Windows 10 or Windows 8.1 to a previously working state. Choose an earlier date and follow the instructions.

If the issue persists, we will try Resetting the PC.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Customer/p>
Shefin, Software Support Specialist
Thank you. I can only do the restore option

Were you able to restore? If the issue persists, please let me know, so that I can assist you further.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
I was able to restore to original apps.

Glad to hear that. If you have any issues, please be back.

Thank you.

Customer/p>
Thanks

You are always welcome!

Customer/p>