Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I am locked out. Computer won't except my password. I need…

Customer Question
I am locked out...

I am locked out. Computer won't except my password. I need to change it.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

HP computer.

Technician's Assistant: What HP model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Pavilion Windows 8

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

I was in my computer yesterday. But today it says password ***** *****

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Software
3/11/2018
Software technician: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 1 month ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Do you still need assistance?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I need to change my password ***** get into my computer.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Will you just send me a code or something so I can change my password. I am locked out and just want to change password. I don’t want to pay for you to fix it. I don’t have money to get it fixed.

If you have another computer you can use to burn a CD, then next do the following to

blank out the password ***** a Trinity Rescue Disc following the procedure below:

First click the link below to download the Trinity Rescue Disc image then burn the image to CD.

click here

Place the Trinity disc in the CD/DVD drive on your computer and boot using the Trinity disc (you may need to place the CD/DVD drive at the top of the boot order first).

Once the system has finished booting and a menu appears on the screen, scroll down the menu using the down arrow key to highlight the Windows password ***** option and press the Enter key.

Next, select "Winpass with prompt for username first" and press the Enter key.

Enter the username of the Administrator account for which you need to reset the password.

Select Clear (blank) user password ***** press the Enter key. This step deletes the password ***** the Administrator account.

Select the shut down the PC menu option, then remove the CD from the CD/DVD drive.

Boot the computer into the Administrator account. You should now be able to login without a password.

You can now either set a new password ***** your account by pressing the CTRL + ALT + DEL keys at the same time then select the Change Password ***** and follow the prompts to change the password.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don’t have another computer. All I have is iPad. I know there is another way to change it. I had to change it about months ago. I don’t remember how I did it. Seems like you are trying to get money out of me. I will throw it away before I pay you to fix it. Sorry but you are trying to give me the run around. I’m not stupid.

No, not giving you the run around or trying to get more money out of you. The procedure I provided was for your HP computer because your initial request mentioned that the HP computer was the one with the problem.

Since your iPad is the device that needs a password ***** I will open your question to other experts that can assist you.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It is not my iPad that needs password ***** It’s my computer.
Software technician: Jeevan DSouza,
 replied 1 month ago
Jeevan DSouza

Hello there. You will need a password ***** tool. Try this link:

https://www.lifewire.com/free-windows-password-recovery-tools-2626179

If this works please give me a 5-star rating.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The problem is not my iPad but my computer. You can’t seem to help me without charging me for your services. No thanks. I don’t have money for you.
Software technician: Chris Baxter, Programmer replied 1 month ago
Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Programmer
Please do not input your credit card and ask questions on our service expecting freebies, we are users of the site just like you, your question was answered, you pay for the answer. This is not justfreebies.com. Thank you. Now if you want a refund contact customer support and stop asking more questions please and thabk you again. If you do enjoy using our service, how about an accept and rate for ol Techguy there?
Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Programmer