Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have a HP Pavilion g7, it has McAFEE Total Protection

Customer Question
I have a HP...

I have a HP Pavilion g7, it has McAFEE Total Protection installed. The computer got a virus called Peterson2, which takes over my internet system. McAFEE doesn't see it and keeps telling me that my internet system is disconnected. Since I can't get on the internet, I can't connect to McAFEE, to look for updates. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Technician's Assistant: Does your network appear in the Wi-Fi list on your Pavilion?

Yes, but so does Peterson2. it keeps me from connecting to the network.

Technician's Assistant: Which lights are solid and which are blinking on your router?

I don't know. The computer that I am using is connecting to the same net work without problems. I treid to install McAFEE on this computer but the down load doesn't connect.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Software
3/10/2018
Software technician: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 4 months ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

do you have a flash drive you can download some files on the working computer to the flash drive?