Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

How do I add the Fraktur font yo my WORD? New Dell i7 I just…

Customer Question
How do I add...

How do I add the Fraktur font yo my WORD?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

New Dell i7 I just bought with the latest WORD added before it was delivered.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

The font is lot listed in the font list and on my old computer (with 2007 WORD) the frakyur font was included. Part of my data trassfer to the new computer is a half written novel about WWII Germany, where the fratur font was used exclusively in newspapers and books. So i want to reference those.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Wii? What have you tried so far?

I've brought up the list of fonts on my new WORD program and it's not there. Tell me how to add it -- easily.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Software
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/10/2018
Software technician: Sheri, Expert replied 4 months ago
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. Do you still have the old computer? If so, you can copy that font from the old to the new computer. Also, let me know the specific version of Word you have on the new computer

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

2016 version of Word.

Thanks for your reply. Do you still have the old computer we could copy that font from?

but how difficult is that?

I can send you directions of what to do, It just involves copying the font from the old computer and placing it in the correct directory on the new. I will look up the paths and send you the directions momentarily.

Thank you. I am certainly not going to let a stranger tap into my new machine.JR

If you are referring to a remote service invitation, it is automatically generated by the system, not by me. Just ignore it. I am preparing your solution.

Just need one more detail. What version of Windows does the old computer have?

If your old computer had Windows version older than Windows 7, do the following:

On the old computer, open c:\windows\fonts. Copy the font you want to put on your new computer to a flash drive or hard drive. Next, go to the new computer and connect the flash drive or external hard drive to it. Click in Windows 10's new Search field (located just to the right of the Start button), type "fonts," then click the item that appears at the top of the results: Fonts - Control panel.

There's no clearly identified option to add new fonts, but the process is easy: just drag any TrueType font file (.ttf extension) to the main window containing all your other installed fonts. When you drop it, you'll see a brief "installing font" message. Then it's done and you should be able to use that font in Word.

If your old computer had Windows 7 or later, follow the directions to search for font, just like on the new computer.

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Regards,

Sheri-Expert