Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

This message appears on the screen when I turn on the

Customer Question
This message appears on...

This message appears on the screen when I turn on the computer - No boot Device Found. Press any key to reboot the machine. When I press a key, the DEL symbol appears then the machine appears to shut off

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Inspiron 13

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Inspiron?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Inspiron? Have you installed any updates recently?

It has never been used - can't get beyond the DEL insignia

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

The machine is about 3 years old operating wireless

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Software
3/10/2018
Software technician: Chris Baxter, Programmer replied 4 months ago
Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Programmer
Hello!
I hate to say it, but you have hit this computers first maontenance interval. At 3-4 years a hard drive replacement is typically standard maintenance on most laptop computers for various reasons. "No boot device" is how the computer tells you "I have no startup files". This could be a corrupted startup file, so before you go replacing you can try this first: https://neosmart.net/wiki/sfc/
Dont forget to accept and rate before you go! ;)