Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Older dell comp of my moms asks for her pass word but she…

Customer Question
Older dell comp of...

Older dell comp of my moms asks for her pass word but she cant remimber it i know it is 11 years old but she only plays games she loves it but i cant sign in to it should i just get a new comp

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

A dell screen and comp

Technician's Assistant: What Dell model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

Ok i am at home now i dont know it is a desk top not alaptop

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

It is not a lap top it is a 2008 dell desk top

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Dell? What have you tried so far?

On the main screen it askets for the pass word that my mom cant remimber i jusj thought that i could reset it but it askes for a reload stick can you buye such a thing

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Software
3/9/2018
Software technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Is the old Dell computer running on Windows XP or Vista or 7?
  2. Are there data there that needs to be salvaged or recovered?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

windows 7 nothing to save
this comp is not on the internet only for gamses and letters
it is a 2009 dell it askes for a passeword stick to clear pass word new to me
are you still there or didi just waste 5.00

Do you have another computer that is can burn data to a blank CD or DVD?

no i just need some help

That is how I can help you. You need to burn a tool on a CD and then boot the locked computer to that CD. That will can reveal the password ***** clear it.

how do i do this
do some one sell a pass word change stick that is what it asked for
are you still there

No, you cannot buy a password ***** stick. You just need to create a bootable CD with the tool that I mentioned, so please confirm and tell me if you have a computer there that is capable of burning data to a blank CD or DVD.

Thank you for that confirmation.

There are 2 things that you can do here to get back access to the Windows computer. One is to recover the password ***** is currently active, and two is to clear that password ***** that you can access the computer without any password ***** Both of these options however requires that you create a bootable CD where the tool to recover the password ***** clear the password ***** ***** or written. You need to use another computer with the capability to burn to a blank CD.

First, you need to download a password ***** tool. The file that you need to download is an ISO file which means a disc image ready to burn to a CD.

Please click on this link to get the ISO file for XP Vista or 7.

Download Ophcrack LiveCD ISO Here
Or this link:

http://ophcrack.sourceforge.net/download.php?type=livecd

After downloading the ISO file, you need to burn it to a CD. Thus you need to have an ISO-burning software to transfer the disc image to a blank CD like Nero or some others. If you currently do not have an ISO burning tool, please download and install this free ISO burning tool.

http://www.ntfs.com/iso-burning.htm

After downloading the ISO burning tool, install it then run it to burn the LiveCD to a blank disc. For more info on how to burn the ISO file, please click on this link:

http://www.ntfs.com/iso_burner_free.htm

Then, BURN the LiveCD ISO file to a blank disc and then use it to unlock your computer. How? Simply load it to the locked computer then let it start from there. With the password ***** tool, you will see the password ***** in table.

For a complete process of using the OphCrack tool, please click on this link:

http://sourceforge.net/p/ophcrack/wiki/ophcrack%20Howto/

Restart the computer normally, without the CD, then use the password ***** discovered.

Another method is to use a different tool that will clear the password ***** of recovering them. You can click here to download and extract the windows password ***** program file, then burn the extracted .ISO file as an image to a blank CD (You can use the Imgburn burning program if needed).

Then you can boot the CD disk from the CD/DVD drive and follow the steps to reset the windows password; you can click here for more details.

If hope this helped. Keep me posted.

Regards,
Jess