Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My husband no has never used his face page in months and…

Customer Question
My husband no has...

My husband no has never used his face page in months and months. The I pad he used, we took and had everything defeated. We thought his e-mail was also deleted. Thoday we learned a person is using his picture and Facebook account. We want this account deleted. Thanks for your help. His name is***** c phone(###) ###-####h(###) ###-####bday July 26 1933

Technician's Assistant: Have you checked for the lost email in your Trash and Spam folders?

The guy sent the messages through messanger

Technician's Assistant: What email provider are you using (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, etc.)?

Yahoo

Technician's Assistant: How long ago did your email go missing? Have you tried sending a Restore Request to Yahoo?

We are talking about Facebook account that the messages are going through to messages. We don’t have his email or pass words. Like I said when the computer was wiped clean, we thought everything was erased.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Email Expert to know before I connect you?

Who are you connecting me to. I am his wife and have a separate account and don’t want that changed. Me. Betty Jane Fowler bday 5-6-35

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Software
3/9/2018
Software technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 1 month ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Do you have your own FB account and have you seen the impostor account that pretends to be your husband's?
  2. Have you reported the impostor account to Fb so that it will be closed?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I have my own facebook account, Betty Jane Fowler. My husband can be brought up as one of my friends or in facebook search. This is all we have, since the ipad he had was cleaned up because he did not use it. We thought everything was cancelled when we did that. I have 4 friends who have informed me about the messenges they received. They said the guy was asking for opinions about how to invest money from a grant he was applying for.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I dont know how to report this to face book. How much is all this going to cost and how will we know it is fixed
I don't want my account messed with
He may have a gmail or email can that be deleted also

Thank you for writing back with that information. In order to report this impostor account, you need to open or view his FB account or profile. Please give that a try and tell me when you have his FB account / profile open.

Regarding fees, your question/request was posted for $39.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I went to my facebook page and brought up his profile up in the facebook search engine
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
ARE you still there anything else you need

Ok. I am still here. Give me a moment to type the procedures for you.

When you are viewing his FB profile, look at the top part of the page right opposite to his name. There should be be buttons there that says "Friends" if you are friends in FB, then next to it is Message with a lightning icon, then next to it is a small button with 3 dots. Click on that icon with 3 dots, then a drop down menu will open.

There click on REPORT.

Then click REPORT this Profile, click Continue.

Then click "They're pretending to be me or someone I know", click Continue

Then click Someone I know in the next box.

Click Continue

Then finally, click Submit to Facebook for Review.

That should allow Facebook to review the impostor account and then deactivate it for good.

Regarding your husband's email account, if his email is NOT accessed for a long time, like 6 months or more, the email provider will automatically deactivate it for dormancy.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I did as requested we will see what happens. How long should this take to complete

The turnaround time will take several hours or days, if you are referring for Facebook's action regarding your report. Please monitor your Facebook account as well since Facebook might be asking more from you to prove that the FB account that you reported is an impostor account.

I also suggest that you ask your friends to make the same report. The more reports FB receive about the account, the faster will be its decision to deactivate the account.

I hope that helped.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When will I know if this did the job

Two things will happen when the reporting was successful. First, Facebook will contact you regarding their decision if the reported account will be closed or not. Second, if the reported account is closed, you will no longer see his FB profile when you do a search. If you are still able to see his profile when you search, clicking on the profile will no longer load his profile since it is already taken down.

Please do not forget to ask your friends who know your husband to also submit the same report. The more reports are filed, the faster that FB will take down the impostor account.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist