Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I've gotten into screens I shouldn't have and I'm in real…

Customer Question
I've gotten into screens...

I've gotten into screens I shouldn't have and I'm in real trouble now.

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

MY pc, using Windows 10. i'm a 88 year oldsenior, in not good health anymore. Several health problems that affect my activities. No dementia but tire easily. My son lives about 20 miles away, his wife is being treated for cancer, so his time is limited. Passwords keep dropping off so I got carried away and changed my main login to one by Microsoft and now my PC is so mixed up I don't know what to do. I haven't told my son, he warned me about making changes I didn't understand. I can't afford to hire a PC tech. My question is - is there a procedure I can use to reverse the switch to Mirosoft? I've lost all my contacts, pics of 6 great grandkids who are the most precioous subject in my life. PLEASE, PLEASE, HELP ME????

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft model do you have?

I have a Dell refurnished pc with a HP monitor and printer, don't have he receipt or info handy,

Technician's Assistant: What HP model do you have?

I'll try to find that info real quick.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your HP printer?

Printer is a Deskjet 2540. The printer seems to be fine. I've been having password ***** for 6 to 8 months.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update the Operating System (OS) on the computer or device you're printing from?

I'VE NEVER DPNE A MANUAL UPDATE,, BUT WINDOWS DID AN UPDATE ABOUT A YEAR AGO, SHORTLY AFTER WINDOWS 10

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Printer Expert to know before I connect you?

Was installed.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Software
3/8/2018
Software technician: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 4 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is***** following may resolve the issue for you.

Boot the computer and immediately power off the computer when Windows starts (when the Windows

logo appears). Do this three times and then boot it again and the Advanced

Boot Menu should appear.

Select Advanced options in the menu that appears, then select Troubleshoot >

Advanced Options > System Restore. Select a restore point dated prior to

when the issue first started. Then click Next and follow the prompts to

complete the system restore. Reboot and test to see if the issue is

resolved.

Please let me know the result.