Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Do you support Winscp software? WINSCP and Putty SSH key…

Customer Question
Do you support Winscp...

Do you support Winscp software?

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

WINSCP and Putty SSH key generation

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your software?

I continue to receive the following error when selecting a PPK,

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

"Does not exist or it does not contain private key in known format"

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Software
Answered in 2 days by:
3/11/2018
Software technician: Josh, Computer Enthusiast replied 3 months ago
Josh, Computer Enthusiast

Hello:

I'm so very sorry it took so long for someone to offer assistance to you. My name is ***** ***** I've just come online and saw your question waiting. Before we start, can you please confirm if you still need assistance with your question? Thank you!

Josh,Yes, this is still an outstanding issue.I have recreated SSH keys via Winscp and Putty without success.I use URL to login to the site and select the private SSH key and immediately
receive an error 'Server sent disconnect message type 7 (service not available):
"ssh-connection is not a valid server. (See attachment)We currently are utilizing an SFTP server with key pairing for our production
environment to connect to a secure server which works fine.I'm creating the keys for a test environment, and not certain if possibly the keys
for the Production environment are being retained on the server, which may be
the issue.Any assistance you can provide is appreciated.Regards
Software technician: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 3 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Do you still need assistance?

is this possible.

Yes, so next please let me know the name of the SFTP service to which you are connecting Putty and WinSCP?

I have used both Putty & WinSCP attempting to connect
to JP Morgan Chase site.

Ok, so are you connecting to their customer service site or to a server they manage that supports SFTP?

Connecting to the following transmissions-uat.jpmorgan.com.If you have availability you can remote into my machine.

In reviewing the configuration displayed in the document you provided, I noticed that the path to your ppk file is empty. If that is still the case, enter the path to the ppk (private key) file and save the setting and then try the connection again.

I still receive an error, which is now states the 'does not contain the private key in known format'.See the screen shot dated 3/14/18.

I noticed that you entered a username and password. Reference their document and you will see that only the public/private key combination is required for WinSCP, there is no username/password ***** before login. So if you have provided them with your public key, then try it again without entering the username and password ***** let me know the result.

Syseng,Username and password ***** required for the Host.
I did however, change the order of entry.Please see the screen shots which contain an authentication
error. The error is prior to selection of the private SSH key.