Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have Pandora premium but when I am listening at work with…

I have Pandora premium...

I have Pandora premium but when I am listening at work with my earbuds I can only access 3 of my stations in off-line mode. why?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Iphone 7+

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your iPhone?

Hm. not sure.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your iPhone? What have you tried so far?

A few weeks at least. I've tried just re-booting my phone.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mac Expert to know before I connect you?

My software is up to date--iOS 11.2.6

I'm getting really fed up with buffering. It is almost constant.
Alrighty, it's been 3.5 hours and I have not had a response yet.
3/8/2018
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer / Pandora question.

It’s the pandora app on my iPhone 7+. Lately I can only listen offline to three stations. The other stations just buffer.
I have been communicating with 3 different people on this website since 11:00 EST today with no resolution

Pandora Premium service will automatically download 3 of your most often listened-to stations to get you going with offline listening, so I think those are the three stations you are hearing for listening offline.

Offline listening is just that: listening to (buffered) Pandora stations while not connected to either WiFi nor to cellular / fast data signals. So it's listening to stuff buffered on your phone, and stored there.

To select other stations to buffer for offline listening in Offline Mode - when you aren't Offline, that is - you may e.g. go to My Music, and click pn the download button (the icon with the down-pointing arrow)

This button will only appear for eligible tracks.

If the other stations just buffer, your phone is offline, and if you use a cellular data service or mobile service, you will need to either go to WiFi, or else contact your cellular or mobile service company and check on the status of your account - mobile service for data downloading can be cut off without notice when you download or use bandwidth in excess of the allotment of your plan. Getting in touch with them checks on whether this has happened, and allows you to perhaps pay a bit extra to get service back until next payment interval or service period.

I regret to hear that you had no success so far... I hope my answer provides what you need. (If you need the number or way to contact your mobile service co., please tell me what your mobile service co. for your iPhone 7+ is, and I will provide that information also.)

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Russell H., Computer Support Specialist