Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Surface pro 3 was trying to download McAfee and it froze. no…

Surface pro 3 was...

Surface pro 3 was trying to download McAfee and it froze. no key board, no touch screen, and I can't turn it off with the on off button.

Technician's Assistant: Which McAfee product do you have?

Home version livesafe

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your McAfee software?

I have two devices. the surface 3 is frozen. I'm on the second machine here.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I called McAfee and they were powerless for this condition and they suggested I contact you

3/7/2018
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue. First, Try pressing and holding just the power button for approx. 10 seconds to power off. If that works, next do the following:

• Press and hold Volume Up (on the left side) and the Power button at the same time for at least 15 seconds. [You may see the screen flash the Surface logo but continue to hold for 15 seconds.]

• Release both buttons and wait 15 more seconds.

• Turn on the Surface as usual.

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Sheri
Sheri, Expert