Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I can't get my Sibelius 7 first to open. I keep getting

Customer Question
I can't get my...

I can't get my Sibelius 7 first to open

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your Sibelius?

I keep getting error message saying I need to delete Avid\Licenses\Sibelius I last used it about a month ago

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

And I haven't imported any files no

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

That should do

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Software
Is anyone here?
Hello?
3/7/2018
Software technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 4 months ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your Sibelius software question.

I've tried uninstalling the license as instructed but I get the same error message and it still won't open

The instruction to delete that folder on your hard drive is meant to cure a problem with a possible corrupt licensing file. When it is gone, on startup the program will check for it, and re-build it... hopefully curing the problem.

The exact location of the folder you are requested to remove might be

C:\ProgramData\Avid\Licensing\Sibelius

but on some systems it might be different. (In case it needs clarifying, to prevent a possible mistake, the *folder* name Sibelius is what you need to delete, not just the files within it.

There is no file Sibelius

It is a folder, not a file, that needs deleting.

Please tell me also, is your computer Windows, or Apple?

windows
avid has Sibelius 7 first. do I need to delete that file?

No! You need to find the exact folder, or your software may be damaged and have to be fully reinstalled (which I will suggest if this approach fails for whatever reason). If, in Windows, the C:\ProgramData folder is not visible, not found, then you will have to make hidden files/folders visible first.

how do I find hidden folders?
found it

Good! Try my instructions, being careful to do the task accurately.