Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My gateway computer was trying to automatically download…

Customer Question
My gateway computer was...

My gateway computer was trying to automatically download windows 10 and is now stuck in a loop. the windows icon flashes and after ten seconds or so just restarts itself. I cannot get into safe mode with f* command. Any suggestions?

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Gateway desktop with 8 gigs ram and 1 t storage purchased in 2014

Technician's Assistant: What Gateway model do you have?

I am looking for a model number

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Gateway? What have you tried so far?

DX4870 model number on the side

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Origionally running windows 7 but windows has been trying to update to 10 since last September

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Software
3/7/2018
Software technician: technicalcat, Consultant replied 4 months ago
technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant

Hello and thank you for using this service. My name is ***** ***** I will help you now.

The windows 10 free upgrade ended months ago. What makes you think it was trying to install 10? Did you see any messages?

NOTE: To reply to me, please type your message in the box below and click the button to send.

Because is said “uploading windows 10” for months as it was trying to upload. Real question is what can I do to get the computer out of it’s current state of displaying the window’s logo for two or three seconds before shutting down and restarting
There is no way that I can connect you to the computer remotely because it will not boot up

You are likely going to need to try to perform a factory reset on the computer. Do you have a lot of pictures/music/documents on the computer that you don't have backed up elsewhere?

Thank you for the help but before I do a factory reset I will talk to someone locally who may have another option. Thank you for your time.