Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have an Acer Aspire 7741-6445, pre-loaded with Windows 7…

Customer Question
Hello, I have an...

Hello, I have an Acer Aspire 7741-6445, pre-loaded with Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 10. I have used Office for years on this computer, but this morning when opening Word, I got the message about entering the product key. I no longer have the product key, what happened and is there a way to get past this? Thank you.

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Aspire? Have you installed any updates recently?

No, I haven't installed or changed anything.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

No, that;s it.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Software
Hello?
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/6/2018
Software technician: Cody, Senior Systems Administrator replied 5 months ago
Cody
Cody, Senior Systems Administrator

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

Where did you purchase Office?

It was pre-loaded on my Acer laptop.

Usually that's just a trial version of Office, can I remote in and see?

It was a permanent installation, I’ve been using it nearly daily for the past 6 or 7 years.
I had the product key originally, but over the years I have lost it.

where did you purchase the laptop from? directly from Acer or a 3rd party site

It was a third party, actually it was through Rent-A-Center.
A new computer.
I just rented it until it was paid off.

that could be tricky to track down can we do a remote session?

I’m not prepared to pay for additional services this early in my membership. But thank you anyway Cody. I will try to contact Acer directly. Thank you.

ok sounds good