Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Why cant I stream playon on my roku streaming device whenI…

why cant I stream playon...
why cant I stream playon on my roku streaming device whenI did not have this problem before.When I go to the playon channel on my roku it comes up on the screen that the computer cannot be found even though I have downloaded the software on my pc.Can you help me with this problem
3/5/2018
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Occasionally memory errors occur in network devices that cause this type of problem. So first, to rule out that possibility, power down the router/modem that provides your Internet access and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the router/modem and power up the device. Wait for the router/modem to completely start up. Then do the same with your WiFi router (if you have a separate WiFi router rather than a modem that provides both routing and WiFi). Then reboot your computer after the router/modem has completed start up and test to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result.

syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer
The suggestion that you gave me did not work and the problem still exists so what other alternatives do you have.
when are you going to attempt to fix this problem. I have been waiting patiently

My apologies for the delay. Please let me know a best time for the remote assistance session.