Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

A colleague installed MS Office on her workstation from a…

A colleague installed MS Office...
A colleague installed MS Office on her workstation from a download from a JustAnswer expert, which didn't have a license code. Then she bought the license code and to use it, she had to uninstall Office and install it from the MS site that came with the license code. When done, all seemed fine EXCEPT she kept getting a notice that she needed to activate it. However, the account screen in Outlook says it's activated. But when you click on additional information, it says it's not activated. See attached. She's uninstalled all versions of Office and restarted her computer, but no luck. Also reinstalled Office.
3/2/2018
Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist

Hi. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

Please have your colleague sign in to their Office account here: www.office.com/myaccount

On the left side of the page click Install an then on the new page click Install again on the right side

to begin the download and installation.

When installing from within the Office account, no product key is needed

and it will automatically be activated.

Let me know the result please.

Worked Okay. Thank you.

That's great to hear.
If you would like any additional information or assistance,
please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you could, please take a moment
to rate the service using the stars at the top of the page, then submit,
as that is how we are credited with assisting.
It would be much appreciated.

Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist