Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

It is like someone is touching the screen on my Surface 3…

It is like someone...

It is like someone is touching the screen on my Surface 3 pro all the time. I can't even login, much less use it. I see the little circles up and down on my screen all the time. What is wrong. Kurt

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Microsoft surface 3 pro

Technician's Assistant: What Microsoft model do you have? And the Operating System (OS)?

W10 surface pro 3 with 12" screen

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Surface Pro? What have you tried so far?

A few days. tried switching on and off

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

It is 4-5 years old. Even when I connect a mouse it really does not make any difference.

2/27/2018
Sheri
Sheri, Expert

Thanks for using JustAnswer. I am happy to assist you with this issue.

First, The touch screen may need to be calibrated. Please follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key .
    (If you're using a mouse, select Start .)
  2. Enter calibrate, use the arrow keys to highlight Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input, and then press Enter.
    (With a mouse, select Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input.)

3. Press the Tab key until the Reset button is selected, and then press Enter.
    (With a mouse, select Reset.)
    If the Reset button is dimmed, your Surface touch calibration is still at factory settings.
  4. Press the Tab key until the Yes button is selected, press Enter, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
    (With a mouse, select Yes, and then follow the on-screen instructions.)
  5. After your Surface removes the recalibration data, test the touchscreen to see if it responds appropriately.

If that doesn't help, do this next:

Select the search box in the taskbar, enter device manager, and then select Device Manager in the search results.
Select the arrow to the left of Human Interface Devices to expand this category.
Right-click HID-compliant touch screen and choose update driver. Then choose search automatically for updated driver software. Then, if presented, allow to search Windows Update. If a new driver is found in this process, allow it to update. Then test.

Please reply and let me know if that works for you or if you have any questions. Then we can go to the next step if needed.
Regards,
Sheri-Expert

Hi, I haven't heard back from you. I just wanted to follow up to see if everything is resolved and whether you still need assistance. Please reply and let me know.

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Regards,

Sheri-Expert

Sheri
Sheri, Expert