Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I am using justanswer service. When an expert from

justanswer replies to my question...
I am using justanswer service. When an expert from justanswer replies to my question. I get notification in my gmail account. I click on the button in this notification and it puts me directly into my question in justanswer account. Over time I have accumulated hundreds of old justanswer notification -- and if I click on the appropriate button -- it puts me back into that question. Other people have access to my gmail account and I do not want them to click on justanswer notification and get into my justanswer account. How can I password ***** access to my justanswer account from any old and new notifications that I have in my gmail account?
2/20/2018
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi Brian, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?
  2. By "JustAnswer" notification, are you referring to the emails that you received from JustAnswer regarding responses or answers to your posted question?
  3. Are other people using your COMPUTER and your Gmail account? Or are they accessing your Gmail account from their own or another computer?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

1)it is windows 2) yes 3) I would like to protect just one computer (which is lap top at work) and have no securities issues on other computers.
please provide instructions without connect.

Thank you for that information. Let me clarify #3. Are you saying that you are using a laptop computer at work. You access BOTH your Gmail and JustAnswer there in the laptop computer? If yes, are other people USING the same laptop computer at work? I mean, is that laptop computer NOT solely used by you?

Actually my work restricts access to gmail - I just automaticly forward my gmail mail (including emails received from justanswer) to work microsoft outlook (which is permitted) -- and then from Microsoft outlook - -I can click on "justanswer" notification - -and go DIRECTLY to my justanswer account (but I would like to use the password *****)
other people may have access to my laptop (administrators)

Thank you for that clarification. Since other people are able to use the work laptop, indeed, there is a high chance that they are able to access your JustAnswer.com questions.

To fix this, you need to DELETE JustAnswer.com login information from your browser's autocomplete entries or remembered passwords.

Please tell me which web browser are you using to access both emails and JustAnswer.com.

I use internet explorer, google chrome, and mozilla

Are you saying you are able to access both Gmail and Justanswer accounts in these 3 browsers WITHOUT asking for passwords?

sorry, I just have an icon to open microsoft outlook - and it gets me into my emails etc. I do not open specific browser for that.

I understand. So you are using an email program to access your emails. But when you click JustAnswer.com link in Outlook, what web browser opens up to load JustAnswer?

how do I check for the type of browser?

You can open Outlook, view a JA (JustAnswer) notification and click on it. Then tell me what web browser opens the JA site.

well I clicked on it -- and it went to the question I asked on justanswer. But I cannot figure out browser.

Ok. Please use the same browser, and then visit this link. It will detect the browser you are using:

supportdetails.com

internet explorer 11

Ok. Please try 2 things first to see if it is only in IE that you can access your JA without a password:

Open Chrome then access www.justanswer.com and see if your password ***** ***** there.

Open Firefox, then do the same.

If it asks for your password, then do not enter it. Just tell me which browser has your password ***** so that I can help you delete it.

OK only outlook remembers it
sorry i meant internet explorer

Thank you for that clarification. In this case, you need just to delete the remembered password ***** Internet Explorer so that when someone clicks on JA from Outlook, they will be asked for the password.

Please do the following:

1. Open Control Panel
  2. On the top right corner, under VIEW BY selection, click on Small Icons
  3. Click to open Credential Manager
  4. There are 2 credential types. Select Web Credentials.
  5. It will list all accounts remembered by IE. Locate anything related to JA there. Click on it to expand. Then click on REMOVE.
  6. Close Control Panel

After doing that, please do not save or remember your password ***** you enter it again in JA page.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

I have three credentials managers:
windows
certificate-based
generic credentialsNO web credentials
I also have Windows Vault icon on top

Web Credentials is for Windows 10. I believe you are using Win8 or Win7.

Please check Certificate-Based and locate any JA related credentials there then delete them.

Do the same with Generic Credentials

no I am using windows 7. Under Certificate based -- it tells me no certificates

What about the other credentials? Did you find JA listed there?

I see nothing in generic credentials

In this case, I suggest that you CHANGE your JA password ***** another web browser like Chrome.

Access your JA account there, then DO NOT REMEMBER the password.

After doing that, you change the password ***** still, DO NOT REMEMBER the password ***** Chrome.

That will nullify the saved password ***** IE.

When you enter your new password ***** IE, DO NOT REMEMBER it to prevent other people from accessing your JA account.

I hope that helped.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

I did change my password ***** chrome browser - -it still does not help.
do you have the same situation in justanswer when you rspond to question - -that you can get in with one click?
can this help
o delete individual passwords:
Open the Tools menu.
Select Internet Options.
Click Content.
Under AutoComplete, click Settings.
Click on Manage Passwords.
Click on the Web Credentials Manager.
Click on the drop down arrow by the web site you want to remove the password.
Click on Remove.
where is the tool menu?

Yes, please try to follow the steps you posted and see if you can find the JA account listed there. Then delete it.

It is in Internet Explorer. If you are not seeing menus in your IE, press the Alt key.

i press alt key nothing happens

Are you seeing any menu items in your IE?

I see rado buttons, volume, etc - is it it?

No. Menu items are File, Edit, View, etc.

no

While you are in the IE window, press the Alt key. See if the menu bar appears at the top.

I got it - and I went to step Auto complete settings - but there is no option manage passwords

If you cannot bring up the menu bar, please do these steps instead:

1. Open Control Panel
  2. Change to Small Icons
  3. Locate and open Internet Options
  4. Click the Content tab
  5. Under AutoComplete, click Settings.
  6. There you can Manage Passwords and delete any JA items there. You can also delete all AutoComplete
I just went into delete autocomplete history which included passwords - see if it works
no - -it did not work - still opens justanswers

Please LOG OUT from your JA in IE.

Then try clicking on the link from Outlook and see if it still does not ask for your password.

still can get in into justanswer
can this be stopped on justanswer end?

No, this cannot be stopped from JA's end. The problem is with your browsers remembering the password. The next option for you is to RESET your IE Settings and deleting the cookies and cached data.

Here are the steps:

1. Open Control Panel
  2. Open Internet Options
  3. Click on the Advanced tab
  4. At the bottom part, under Reset Internet Explorer settings, click on RESET
  5. In the pop-up that opens, click on the checkbox to delete personal settings
  6. Click Reset button again
  7. Test if the problem is gone.
seems drastic
gives warning to only do it if browser in unusable form

Yes, but that is the next option to delete remembered passwords and sessions and cookies.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
OK I think we beat this horse to death. I will rate you five stars

Thank you Brian. If the problem persists after doing the IE Reset, your last option is to perform a cleanup of your computer that includes browser cleanup. I suggest you use CCleaner. But just do it if the reset process is not able to fix the problem.