Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have a Yoga 720. At least once a day when I am using the…

I have a Yoga...

I have a Yoga 720. At least once a day when I am using the product my screen turns blue and I get a message that tells me that "Your PC ran into a problem and we're just collecting some error info and we're restarting it for you." At the bottom of the screen while this is going on is the statement "Kernel

Technician's Assistant: What device or product does this involve?

Security Check Failure"--I'm thinking that the problem is with the laptop since the desktop I also use at home never has this situation occur. It doesn't take very long to restart, but it's a waste of time to keep having to type in my password ***** get back to work. Any ideas?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model and Operating System (OS) of your laptop?

Half of my message was not sent. It is Lenovo Yoga 720 131KB. The problem which I described in the half of my message that wasn't sent when I clicked send is that at least once a day when when working at home, my screen turns blue and I get a message that says, "Your PC ran into a problem; we are just collecting some error info and restarting it for you."

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I think you have everything.

2/17/2018
Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Programmer
Hello! This sounds like a program attempting to access the kernel in a way that the computer was not designed to allow it. It can mean you have a virus. Download malwarebytes free version and scan and remove any: http://www.malwarebytes.org and then go to cleaning and fixing the registry with ccleaner at http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/ please dont forget to accept and rate! :)
Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Programmer
I would prefer that you fix it for me. Will there be an additional charge for that service? If so, I will try to do it myself but don't feel comfortable doing so. Thanks for your help so far. Yes, I will rate you when we are done.
can't afford it.