Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

New computer. need to install Webroot. Anti virus. Have put…

Customer Question
New computer. need to...

New computer. need to install Webroot.

Technician's Assistant: Which Webroot product do you have?

Anti virus

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Webroot software?

Have put the disc in the computer drive.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I am in the process of loading up backup files from a desk top hard drive "Western Digital". Windows 10 has been installed which wiped out the backup files you installed for me.

Submitted: 19 days ago.Category: Software
2/6/2018
Software technician: Kris Rodgers, IT Manager replied 19 days ago
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Windows update corrupted my computer. The geek squad reinstalled windows 10 which wiped out all my data including Web Root. I am a Geek Squad tech support subscriber. This request originated from my attempt to install Web Root from the program CD. Due to other commitments, I will contact The Geek Squad at about 1300 hours EST today 7 Feb 2018.

OK - to allow me to connect to your PC/MAC, you must install free remote access software.
Before we do anything please save/bookmark this page so you can come back to it If you loose me.

Please click on this link to the AnyDesk website: https://anydesk.com/remote-desktop
Click on the "Download" box to download and install the software on your computer.
Once installed, reboot your computer.
Upon reboot, open the software from your computer and you will see an AnyDesk address, please give that to me and I will connect with it.
Thanks
Kris

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist