Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

When inserting thumb drive with pictures into the Adobe

Customer Question
When inserting thumb drive...

When inserting thumb drive with pictures into the Adobe program I get error - This file does not have a program for this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Programs Control Panel. I recently had a tech do a diagnostic test on computer because I couldn't call up the Editor. Now I can download pictures. I do have the original Adobe 13 DVD but am afraid I'll lose the albums I've created if I re-download. What should I do??

Technician's Assistant: Which Adobe product do you have?

Adobe photoshop elements 13 and I use Windows 7

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Photoshop?

Went into Preferences and typed in Adobe photoshop

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Even though the Adobe photoshop was typed in, it didn't help.

Submitted: 14 days ago.Category: Software
2/6/2018
Software technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 14 days ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

Welcome to JustAnswer.com. My name is***** give me a minute or two to look over your case. If there are any more details that you wish to give me regarding your case, type them in the box below and click the 'reply to expert' button.

If you would like remote support please select the Secure Remote Assistance option. If you do not want remote support please ignore the prompt. The remote service is guaranteed to to help and fix your problem.

Thank you,
Jason

Are the files on the thumb drive accessible?

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
Not at this time. Sorry. And I just went into Preferences and couldn't find anywhere to type in Photoshop 13??

Thank you for the update. May I connect with you remotely to troubleshoot the issue directly? When the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate back and forth via a chat window that will appear on your computer screen.

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
No. Would just like some instructions.

When you view the contents of the thumb drive, what do you see?

Once we figure out what the actual problem is, I will be able to give you the 'instructions' to follow.

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
The pictures. Is this fixable or should I just re-download the DVD

All things are fixable, yes.

Which type of application is it trying to open when you insert the thumb drive. You can simply copy the pictures from the thumb drive to the computer. Do you know how to do that?

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
If the pictures download into the Adobe program they automatically download into a folder under Pictures.
What are my options to just download to the computer.

1) Open the thumb drive in the file explorer.

2) Select all of the photos. You can press CTRL A to select them all.

3) Right click the chosen photos and choose COPY

4) Go into the Pictures folder or your choice of folder, right click an empty area in the folder and choose PASTE.

Did that work for you?

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
I will have to try it when I get the thumb drive back. We are having old slides converted and put on this thumb drive. I know I can take it to Costco and download them onto their computer and have them printed because I have done that.
The problem is I also take a lot of photos and want to download them into a photo program to edit, etc. and put them into albums. I have used Adobe for a number of years and would like to continue using the program if it will work.

Oh, you don't have the drive with you? Okay, we can continue when you have it.

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
It will be in a day or two. But I don't want to spend any more money to communicate. I don't think I paid $50 for the program and now another $50.

Okay, thank you. I will be here.

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
How do I get back in touch?

You can do so by coming back to this page and/or clicking the link that was sent to your email from JustAnswer.

Customer reply replied 14 days ago
OK

Thank you

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist