Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have had Adobe subscription for about a year and all of a…

Good afternoon! I...

Good afternoon! I have had Adobe subscription for about a year and all of a sudden in the last 30 or so days, I am unable to fill and send a pdf document. After I creat the link, it won't open the next window to email it.

Technician's Assistant: Who is your email provider (Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, etc.)?

Adobe is connected to Outlook in my preferences

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so. Thank you

1/23/2018
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Just for the last month. I never had this problem before then
I can see that this has been a common problem with people when I’ve Googled the problem.

Is it opening with Reader instead of Standard?

When I open a pdf sent to me to sign and return OR when I open Adobe from my PC, it opens to ‘Adobe Acrobat Reader DC’

OK so that's the issue. That's the read-only version.

Do you know how to change it?

Not a clue and have no idea how it changed; do you?

Yes. I can list the steps or connect and do this for you.

Please just list the steps
  1. Right click on a PDF file
  2. Hover open "Open with"
  3. Click on "Choose another app"

What do you see there by Adobe?

Well for some reason this will not allow me to upload a pic of what I see, but, every time I open a pdf it opens with the Reader DC and the only thing that appears if I right click is this:
Add sticky note
Select tool
Hand tool
Marquee zoom
Rotate clockwise
Print
Find
Doc. Properties

You must right click on the file from your explorer window, not the program.

Right click a PDF file from your documents.

ONLY Adobe acrobat reader DC

Can you allow me to connect? It is more complex.

Kris, will I get money back for our connection? I think it was 36.00?

The base cost is $36 and the remote is $18.

You only get money back If the issue is not resolved, we don't just refund people after have fully resolved there issues.

Kris,
I understand that but the above feed states I have incurred 42.00 charges now plus the 18.00 if I do remote. And I believe 5.00 is automatically refunded. So what would my charges presently be?

There is no refunds, If you use our service and we fix the issue there are no refunds.

We are not a free service.

Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager