Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My computer (purchased from Dell in2012 or 2013) came with…

My computer (purchased from...

My computer (purchased from Dell in2012 or 2013) came with Office 2010 preloaded. Until 2 weeks ago the various elements of Office I used were working fine. Following a major update about 2 weeks ago I cannot access any of the elements of Office. I cannot locate the product code provided with the purchase of the computer. How can I gain access to Office again?

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your computer or device?

Windows 10

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update your Elements?

I have not knowingly updated any part of Office since my original purchase. Elements my have change through regular updates from Microsoft

1/23/2018
Shefin, Software Support Specialist

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please be informed that, Office 2010 that came with your computer was a free edition called Office Starter 2010. Microsoft has stopped support for Starter 2010, and if it is lost, you will not be able to download or reinstall it. With the latest update Windows has removed it from its Operating Systems and you will not be able to use it anymore.

You have two options. Either purchase a new version of Microsoft office, or use free versions like Openoffice. OpenOffice is free and similar to Microsoft Office. You can use all your olf office files with Openoffice. You can download it from the link below.

https://www.openoffice.org/download/

If you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!

Shefin, Software Support Specialist