Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have a WordPress site. Unfortunately my computer crashed…

Thank you, ***** *****...

Thank you, ***** ***** Name is***** and I have a WordPress site. Unfortunately my computer crashed and I am unable to regain access to my site to edit or do anything else. Also, my user ID is not being accepted. Can you help me?

Technician's Assistant: What feature of WordPress can we help you with?

Have you received my question?

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?

I think that's enough for now, thank you.

1/22/2018
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Few things first:

1. Can you please tell me the URL of your WP site so that I can check?
  2. Is this site hosted by wordpress.com? Or is it hosted by your own hosting account with cPanel access?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess

Thank you Jess. the URL is www.heartformessiah.org and it is hosted by WordPress.

Have you tried to request a login link to your email address that you used to create the site?

I have but my user ID and password ***** not accepted.

Please try to use this link:

https://wordpress.com/wp-login.php?action=lostpassword

To reset the password, please enter the email address you used to register or create the site.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Unfortunately that link will not work for me. I have tried all my e-mail accounts and none works.

Thank you for requesting for my additional service of remote access so that I can help you directly in fixing your problem.

For me to remote in, we need a remote access tool. Please click on the link below, then click on the green I Agree button, then download the remote access tool. After downloading, please run it so that you can join me in the remote session.
Here is the link:
http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=d25f5f0f-9116-4077-8cee-5f24681d20bd

Best regards,
Jess

I have followed the instructions but nothing has happened, after I hit the ''I agree'' button and the ''save'' command.

Are you using Windows computer or a Mac? The tool only works for Windows.

After saving, locate the saved file, double click on it to run it.

Thank you for your patience. All issues were resolved through Secure Remote Assistance.

Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.

Best regards,
Jess