Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I get a message that before I can upgrade this computer I…

I get a message...

I get a message that before I can upgrade this computer I need to manually uninstall HP Pavillion Notebook - BIOS

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Pavilion?

Not sure?

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Pavilion? Have you installed any updates recently?

Not that I know of

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

I guess not.....what are the costs if any?

1/20/2018
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer question.

Your particular computer might perhaps have a problem with the specific version of Windows you are trying to upgrade to - esp. if it has an AMD processor or CPU chip. (You can find out about that by looking in

Start

Control Panel

System and Security

System

for the processor type/name/etc.) No computers with the AMD A10-8700p processor, HP or otherwise, can do the Windows 10 Creators Update it seems, at least.

Let me know what version of Windows you are trying to upgrade to exactly, and what exact model of HP computer you have, and I will advise you further in specific.

ADM A10-8700P. Model HP Pavilion notebook. 2016.
Is this $39 above what I have already been charged? If so, Wow.
Well, can my problem be fixed by you folks?

ADM A10-8700P.

- do you mean 'AMD A10-[etc.]' ?

Yes, Secure Remote assistance would be an additional charge. I don't insist on it myself - it doesn't seem like the right sort of case for it.

- One vital question, please: Is it the Windows Creators or Creative edition that you are trying to upgrade to?

Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant

this is Rob. Please give me a call and i will get you a link to do the remote

there IS a bios update that is supposed to solve that problem

my phone number is ***** the secure section. please just give me a call and we can arrange a time to do the remote or i can do it right when you call more often than not.