Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

We purchased Adobe Creative Cloud for my daughter who was in…

Customer Question
Hi, We purchased Adobe...

Hi, We purchased Adobe Creative Cloud for my daughter who was in college 3 years ago and signed up for the annual updates. She is trying to access from her computer and can't. Please help.

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your Creative Cloud?

She can open it now but it says "buy now" rather than launch.

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or Operating System (OS)?

Yes

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Software
1/19/2018
Software technician: RussellA, Information Systems Manager replied 1 month ago
RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager

Can you find the confirmation email to which Adobe Creative Cloud was purchased for? Can you login with the email you used to Creative Cloud? As that might be the only confirmed email registered on the service.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I can log into the adobe creative cloud, it won’t let me open the programs though. Instead of saying “launch” or “open” it says “buy now”
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
We got charged for the annual payment on July 17th 2017, so I’m confused why it says “buy now” since we’ve purchased

Adobe will automatically renew your contract based on the current price of the offering. You can check your payment information and your active subscriptions in the Plans & Products section of your Adobe ID account online. If you want to change your credit card information, you'll need to update your account.

Update payment information

If your payment information is up to date in your Adobe ID account, you don't need to do anything. Adobe will automatically renew your contract based on the current price of the offering.

You can check your payment information and your active subscriptions in the Plans & Products section of your Adobe ID account online.

If you want to change your credit card information, you’ll need to update your account.

• Click Sign in in the top navigation bar, and sign in with your Adobe ID and password, or with your social (Facebook or Google) account.

Be sure to enter the credentials that you used to purchase the Creative Cloud plan. If you need help with your Adobe ID or password, see Manage your Adobe ID account.

If you’re already signed in, click your name.

• In the navigation pane, click Manage Account. Reenter your password ***** verify your identity.

• In the Plans & Products section, click Edit Payment Details.

Don't see Edit payment details?

In countries served by Digital River, Adobe's e-commerce partner, the place to access payment details is slightly different. If you don't see an Edit payment details link under your membership, click Manage plan, and then click Edit Payment Info.

If you have never added payment information to a membership purchased with a redemption code, you may see Add payment information rather than Edit payment details under your membership.

• Update your payment information.

Your new payment information will be used for subsequent payments. The billing date and frequency are unchanged.

Extend a membership with a prepaid card

You can prepay one year of a Creative Cloud membership when you purchase through a retailer (such as Best Buy). A prepaid card costs the same as purchasing an annual plan directly from Adobe.

You can use a prepaid card to extend the duration of any membership. The card’s subscription period is added to your account. If you originally purchased your membership with a credit card, the card’s subscription period is added to your account immediately, and regular billing resumes when the prepaid period expires.

• Go to http://creative.adobe.com/redeem and sign in.

• Enter the code located on the back of the card.

Make sure the prepaid card you purchase is for the correct subscription and region. For example, you can’t extend a Single App membership with a Creative Cloud prepaid card. Similarly, you can use a Student-Teacher prepaid card only to extend a Student-Teacher membership.

Creative Cloud for teams memberships

Direct purchase

If your payment information is up to date for your Creative Cloud for teams membership, you don't need to do anything. Your membership will renew automatically at the current price of the offering.

Prior to the membership renewal date, the primary administrator will receive an email notification and will have an opportunity to update the number of committed seats in the Teams license. For more information, contact us.

If you are the primary administrator, you can update your payment information in the Plans & Products section of your Adobe ID account online.

Adobe VIP

To extend or renew your Adobe VIP membership, contact your reseller. If you're an administrator, you can find your reseller’s contact information in the Plans and Products section of your Adobe ID accountonline.

Restart an inactive membership

If your Creative Cloud membership has expired, it's easy to restart it.

If a payment fails, additional payment attempts are made after the due date. If payment continues to fail, your Creative Cloud account becomes inactive and the paid features of your account are deactivated.

To restart your membership, do one of the following:

Make a payment for the plan

If you missed a payment, you can reactivate the membership by reinitiating the payment for it. For more information, see I missed a payment for my subscription. How do I reinitiate the payment?

Purchase a new plan

You can also sign in with the same Adobe ID and purchase a new plan:

Once payment is accepted, you’ll need to sign out of Creative Cloud and sign in again to reset your Creative Cloud license.

Launch the Creative Cloud desktop app, click the gear icon, and choose Preferences > General > Sign out. In the next screen, sign in again with your Adobe ID and password. For detailed instructions, see Sign in and sign out to activate Creative Cloud apps.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
      We don’t need to pay for it, we got charged on July 17th, 2017 for the full $359.88. But I’m noticing the new price for a full year is $599.88. Is there a way we can just pay the difference since we already have paid $359.88?

Could it be that you were on the Student Edition, which is 60% cheaper? http://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/buy/students.html

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
      It’s very possible. I believe that’s what we originally signed up for.

If you can prove that your daughter is still a student, than you can take advantage of those savings again. Just follow the Student link I posted above.

I take pride in providing quick solutions to your issues. If you are satisfied with my answer please mark this as answered, and leave me a rating and feedback. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to open another query directly with me.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
      I have graduated since then, however, we still want access to the programs. How do we get credit for the $359.88 (that we’ve already paid). How can we pay the difference?

Please go ahead and submit an inquiry to Adobe Support Team here: https://helpx.adobe.com/chat-adobe-id.html?skill=CCI-Eng-Noent-Ch

Hi there, just checking in on you to see if you were able to get your Adobe License? Or if you still needed my help?

RussellA
      RussellA
      RussellA, Information Systems Manager