Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My FreeAgent GoFlex Desk external drive is not backing up…

Customer Question
My FreeAgent GoFlex Desk...

My FreeAgent GoFlex Desk external drive is not backing up since I loaded Windows 10 Pro - I had attempted to eliminate start-up feature I don't need (all I want is a simple back up drive). Is there current operating software?

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your software?

2016

Technician's Assistant: Did you recently update your software or version of Windows?

Yes - to Windows 10 Pro about at the same time.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

Only that I want to eliminate or shut off any functions other than simple back-up. Thanks!

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Software
1/15/2018
Software technician: Kris Rodgers, IT Manager replied 7 months ago
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
How long has this been happening?
Thanks
Kris

Since 2016 when I updated to Windows 10 Pro - I was getting a number of Seagate prompts on start-up regarding compatibility.

Can you give me the model of the drive and I'll check the comparability lists?

PN###-##-####03/10

I see you have requested remote assistance but this failed to go through.
I cannot handle payment issues as I am an end user to the site like you please call 1(###) ###-####and speak to the billing team or renter the details or contact the CC/Bank to remove the block
Regards
Kris

I am contact the billing team ... They are having issues with recognizing my account/payment for the initial $5 service payment.

The service is not $5. that's the deposit.

There is a question cost and a remote cost both around $30-$40 each.

The $5 deposit was followed by notice of a $39 fee to access my computer. There is an additional fee of $33, but it is not clear as to what that is for.
If I pay all of these fees - will my request to have a simple back-up drive be obtainable?
Both the $5 and $33 charges have hit my account. When does the $39 fee apply?
I am waiting as well. I have verified the payment method that has already been used twice. When can we proceed with remote access?

I have accepted the $39.00 remote and it did not go through again

Is your bank or CC blocking it?

It is quite possible that the bank is questioning the series of charges (for which I only authorized $5 - other than requesting the remote service. Is there anyway I can download the current operating software direct from the SeaGate website?

OK - to allow me to connect to your PC/MAC, you must install free remote access software.

Please click on this link to the teamviewer website: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/
Click on the "Download Free" box to download and install the software on your computer.
Once installed, reboot your computer.
Upon reboot, open the software from your computer and you will see an ID and Password, please give this to me to connect.
Thanks
Kris