Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

While trying to install Windows 7 32bit professional on my…

While trying to install Windows...
While trying to install Windows 7 32bit professional on my computer, I keep getting an error which says, "No device drivers were found. Make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click ok." What do I do. I thought windows 7 should contain the drivers it needs to install itself.
1/15/2018
Richard, Software Specialist

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me the reason you are trying to install windows 7?

Where you having issues with the computer before this?

Please let me know

I am replacing Vista. No other problems.

Are you using a windows disk or a USB?

I am using a disk

Ok, on which step of the installation do you get this message?

And where did you get the disk from?

It came up after you click the Install now button. I bought the disk used, but it came with the product key.

Ok, is it an install or update disk?

The disk is an install disk.

ok, you need to then install it from startup.

So put the disk in and power off the computer

Then power it on and keep tapping any key to load from the disk.

Once loaded, run through the setup that way

Let me know how you go please

I have tried to install this from startup as you recommended, with no avail.

Exact same error?

Well, that is what I have been doing all along, so, yes.

Thanks

It is pointing to a faulty disk but to be sure are you able to try it on a different computer there?

I tried this disc in another computer, and the installation DID go beyond the point where I received the error. I did not finish the installation because I do not want Windows 7 on the other computer.

Can you put a different hard drive in the problem computer please

Tell me if it then allows you to install.

That is a problem, I do not have another hard drive, or the means to purchase one at this time. The hard drive I have was working fine with Vista. I am not quite understanding why I would need to use a different hard drive. I could manually reformat the drive if you think that would work. Please let me know.

Are you getting to the step where you can format the hard drive?

No, but I believe you can format the drive in advance through DOS, right?

If you can get to dos then if it is not locked you can use

format c:

Richard, Software Specialist
I am going to rate you, but I may have more questions. I think I may have to get another drive somehow. Thank you for your assistance.
I erased the drive, and tried another drive with the same error. Any other ideas?
It turns out that I had to download motherboard drivers and hard drive drivers to a usb drive, and have that plugged into the computer when I started the computer with the windows 7 disk. Thought I would let you know.