Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I am able to 'clone' my C-Drive from an old computer to a…

Customer Question
I am able to 'clone'...
I am able to 'clone' my C-Drive from an old computer to a new one but how do I transfer ONLY my software applications & data - WITHOUT taking the old XP operating system - to my newer computer running Windows 7 or 10 ??
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Software
1/13/2018
Software technician: caraleneK, Software Engineer replied 7 months ago
caraleneK
caraleneK, Software Engineer

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

Sorry you having all this problems. If you like I can log on to your old machine and help. But to move software / app from the old machine to the new machine you need to software CD or download the software again. You will also need to confirm the old software will work on the new OS.

What software have you use on the old machine?? Waiting for your feedback or a rating

Just as I'd thought - but was hoping for some new way to transfer app & data as one "clone"; I'll have to use the old fashioned way. Thanks anyway.
Cheers,

Thanks for the back Mike let me know if you need help

Take care please rate the service

Regards

CK