Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have passport connected and still telling me I have no…

Customer Question
I have passport...

I have passport connected and still telling me I have no memory space?

Technician's Assistant: What computer or device are you having trouble syncing?

Windows

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the version of Windows?

Hp notebook 14-am052nr, windows 10

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your 14? Have you installed any updates recently?

Yes, have Quicken,turbo tax and office

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

None that I can think off

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Software
1/13/2018
Software technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer question.
If you tried connecting a USB flash drive as a 'memory extender', I have seen them in action and though it's a neat trick, it does not improve things much in practice (in the cases I have seen.)

If 'no memory' errors are appearing, note the exact wording, and what sort of window (or screen - blue screen? hopefully not...) they appear in.

Memory in a Windows computer runs out when rogue or bad programming takes up too much space, or 'memory leaks' happen, or perhaps when there's just too much running in memory at the same time and the system needs to be lightened up in its software configuration.

(Another frequent basic cause though, is inadequate physical RAM memory installed. How much does your HP notebook computer have installed in it? you can tell from Control Panel - System and Security - System.... for Windows 10, you need a minimum of 4 to 6 GB practically, perhaps 8 GB is more practical as a minimum. It's what I would advise anyway.)

If it's just now that this has happened, try restarting. If it's long-term as a problem, that of course does not apply.

One last thing: have you a good firewall, and a good anti-virus also? they are necessary to protect against rogue viruses, malware, etc... some of which can mess up or take up a lot of memory.