Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I am using my wife's comp to talk to you., there was a patch…

Customer Question
I am using my...

I am using my wife's comp to talk to you. My name is ***** ***** was a patch today and now my comp wont start it gets to the start screen republic of gamers and just sits and spins and nothing happens and this is only since the patch

Technician's Assistant: What exactly is frozen or not starting up for you?

Nothing at all is starting

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your computer? And the Operating System (OS)?

Asus windows 10

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

Just turned it on and there was a patch and when the patchwas done turned it on and it went to this screen and the circle keeps turning but nothing happens. I turned it off to reboot, unplugged the battery but didn't help

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

Been doing this for almost an hour

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Software
1/10/2018
Software technician: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 6 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Boot the computer and immediately power off the computer when Windows starts (when the Windows logo appears). Do this three times and then boot it again and the Advanced Boot Menu should appear.

Select Advanced options in the menu that appears, then select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Repair. Once Startup Repair is running it will scan for and fix problems keeping the system from booting. Then once completed, reboot and test to see if the issue is resolved.

Do you still need assistance?

Didn't really work; I reset the PC instead and waiting for it to finish.

Ok, thanks and if you need further assistance just let me know.