Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have old pagemaker P65 data ,still have disk but losted…

Customer Question
I have old pagemaker...

I have old pagemaker P65 data ,still have disk but losted lic no etc

Technician's Assistant: Which software or app can I help with?

Pagemaker how can I convert to word or use data to print out

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Word?

Dose not recognise P65 data

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Software Expert to know before I connect you?

No thank you

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Software
1/10/2018
Software technician: RussellA, Information Systems Manager replied 7 months ago
RussellA
RussellA, Information Systems Manager

Step 1

Select a section of your PageMaker 6.5 file to convert.Go to "Edit" within your PageMaker 6.5 window. Click on "Edit Story." Your selection is now prepped for conversion.

Step 2

Go to "File" and select the "Export" option. Choose a file name and a location to save your converted PageMaker 6.5 text.Choose the "Rich Text Format" within the export window.Export the file.

Step 3

Open Microsoft Word. Select "File" and then "Open."Locate and open the converted .rtf, file. Microsoft Word should be able to recognize the formatting and style of the original PageMaker 6.5 material through the .rtf conversion.Select "File" again and go to "Save."

Step 4

Create a new file name, choose a location and save your new Word document, which contains the original PageMaker 6.5 information.

Step 5

Repeat steps 1 and 2 for each section of text you want to convert. Open the .rtf file for each section, copy the material and paste it into your Word document.

Step 6

Select a graphic that was not created in PageMaker that you wish to move to your Word document. Right-click on the graphic and select "Copy."Right-click in the open Word document and select "paste."Repeat this step for each non-PageMaker graphic.

Tips & Warnings

• The organization and visual layout of your PageMaker publication will not be preserved in the new Word document. Some editing will be required to achieve the look of your original work.
  • Always backup your files before converting them into any type of format.

I take pride in providing quick solutions to your inquiries. If you are satisfied please mark this as answered, and leave me a rating and feedback. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to open another query directly with me.