Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Trying to skype my son and it won't connect when he tries to…

Customer Question
Trying to skype my...

Trying to skype my son and it won't connect when he tries to call me or I try to call him.

Technician's Assistant: When did you last update Skype?

Never. Ha!

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Skype?

Nothing other than trying to call my son. Then, i googled for help and saw 2 websites that would download the "newest" version. I wasn't pleased because they wanted to mess with my email. So, how to I upgrade my skype?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Software
1/8/2018
Software technician: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 7 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

The the issue you describe with Skype is often due to memory errors in the router/modem that provides your Internet access. To resolve the issue both you and your son should power down the routers/modems that provide Internet access to each of you and unplug the power cord as well. Wait 3 minutes. Then plug in the power cord on the routers/modems and power up the devices. Wait for the routers/modems to completely start up. Reboot your computers after the routers/modems have completed start up and test Skype to see if the issue is resolved.
Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Do you still need assistance?