Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I have a dell inspirion 3521 cant get into safe mode using…

Customer Question
I have a dell...

I have a dell inspirion 3521 cant get into safe mode using f8. F2 and f12 work though. I dont have a cd/dvd drive. It didnt come with it

Technician's Assistant: What Operating System (OS) are you running on your Inspiron?

It came with windows 8 as i was updating the battery plug came out and the laptop died. It boots all the way to windows saying update to 64% then keeps restarting itsef

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

It didnt come with window cd because i dont have the drive for it.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Software
1/6/2018
Software technician: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 6 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

Boot the computer and as soon as you see Windows starting or the Windows logo appear, immediately power down the computer. Do that two more times and the Advanced boot options menu should appear. Then select Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, then Automatic Repair. After the automatic repair has scanned and fixed the system reboot to test that the issue is resolved.

Please let me know the result and if you need further assistance.

Hello David. I tried that 3 different times and still nothing. Its still saying installing windows 64% and restarting by itself

Sometimes the menu comes up on the fourth try so please try one more time.

I was already charged $36 for the one response. That didnt help

If you would like to discuss the charges with Just Answer customer service before proceeding, just let me know and I will refer you to them now.

i would like a refund. Because i was told you would be able to help me for that price n now another price on top of that.

Yes, I can help fix the problem, however I do not have visibility into the charges - so I am referring you to customer service now.

Ok