Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

My Lenovo think pad has stopped working. When I turn it on…

Customer Question
My Lenovo think pad...

My Lenovo think pad has stopped working. When I turn it on it goes to a blue screen and says AUtomatic Repair; this is followed by telling me that Automatic Repair cannot repair my PC

Technician's Assistant: What exactly is having screen issues?

It will not open Windows or any other screen

Technician's Assistant: What Lenovo model do you have? And the version of Windows?

Windows 10, where is model #?

Technician's Assistant: The Computer Technician will be able to walk you through that. How long has this been going on with your computer? What have you tried so far?

This happened last night during a big wind storm here in MA

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

The screen just turned blue. I have tried all of the advanced options, including reset, but they all say it cannot be reset. I also ran the Lemovo DIagnostics to "recover bad sectors tool". It ran for an hour and all systems passed. It said no recovery necessary. I also talked to a company called Accurate support helpline. Com but I didn't trust their process

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Software
1/6/2018
Software technician: syseng, Systems Engineer replied 3 months ago
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer

My name is David.

To address the issue boot the computer and when you see Windows starting, immediately power down the computer. Do this three times and on the last time the Advanced Boot Options menu should appear. Then select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup repair and let Startup repair run and finish and then reboot to see if the issue is resolved.

If not resolved perform the same procedure to get into the Advanced Boot Options menu and select Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Command Prompt and then on the command prompt run the following commands:
BOOTREC /FIXMBR

and then press Enter.

Next run the following command:
BOOTREC /FIXBOOT

and then press Enter.
If any errors appear then run the following:
BOOTREC /RebuildBcd

Then reboot and test to see if the computer boots normally.

Please let me know the result.

Do you still need assistance?

syseng
syseng
syseng, Systems Engineer