Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I use PowerPoint a lot at WORK and at HOME, and I bring the…

Customer Question
Hi, I use PowerPoint...

Hi, I use PowerPoint a lot at WORK and at HOME, and I bring the presentation home on a USB drive, to finish work at home. Lately my HOME PC has had a hard time opening it, telling me they encountered a problem and need to close the presentation. So now I can't work on it from him. But I know the USB drive version is good because I email it to my iPad and it opens up fine. Do I need to re-install PowerPoint? How do I do that?

Technician's Assistant: When could you last open your PowerPoint?

Maybe about a month or two ago it was working, last time I tried to do it

Technician's Assistant: Happy to help. Want a weekly JustAnswer email to help with other issues? If so, what's your email address? And if you'd still like to talk to the Software Expert, I'll connect you shortly.

Customer:***@******.***

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Software
1/4/2018
Software technician: Russell H., Computer Support Specialist replied 6 months ago
Russell H., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your computer and PowerPoint question.

To reinstall PowerPoint, first make sure you have (1) reinstallation media - a CD or DVD for the PowerPoint version you own, or a downloaded install file for that PowerPoint version, and (2) the registration code, install code, or license code, that proves you do own the PowerPoint version.

Then you uninstall the version you have, after backing up all PowerPoint data files and user files you have.

Then restart your computer. Then when restarted, you install from the reinstallation media, or install by starting the downloaded installer file for PowerPoint, entering the code (in (2) above) when required, to complete the reinstallation.

That should help!

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

If you need more info, or have any comments, use Reply To Expert to respond.

Thanks.

Hi I went to the Microsoft website and loaded the software for all of Office 365 which I had purchased there, and restarted the computer, but it did not fix the problem. And not ALL of my powerpoints are not working. Just the one I downloaded onto the USB drive. I just can'tr make it work on this PC. It works on my office PC fine.

I'm sorry to hear that. Was the PowerPoint on the USB drive, created and last edited on your (home) computer? or on another computer?

It was created on another pc.

OK... on another PC... what version of MS PowerPoint was on that PC, exactly? or what version and type (and, year) of MS Office was it, on that other PC, please? we can figure this out, but I will need such details.